Team Safety is important at Competition or at Build. To stay safe, there is usually a little animation put on by a team at competition and at Kick Off. Usually the animation says something along the lines of the following:
- Gracious Professionalism.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Pay attention to your surroundings EVERYWHERE.
- Keep work area clean EVERYWHERE.
- Clean up your mess before you leave EVERYWHERE.
- Wear safety glasses in the pit or workshop.
- No running in the pit or workshop.
- No drinks in the pit or workshop.
- Always wear closed toe shoes and gloves in the pit or workshop.
- Work as a team to lift heavy objects.
- Never work with live wires.
- ALWAYS use the correct tool for the job.
- Use the buddy system.
- Most importantly, Have Fun!
Electrical Safety Tips Courtesy of Team 1517
- Do not mix water and electricity. There will be shocking results.
- Never link more than 1 extension cord to an outlet.
- ALWAYS turn off any power before you start working on any wires, even if they feel safe.
- ALWAYS replace frayed wires IMMEDIATELY!!!!!
- Make sure the battery terminals are properly tightened.
- Make sure that the wires aren’t blocking anyone’s way and are not a trip hazard.
- Never experiment with electricity.
- Always keep a battery spill kit on hand.
Below is the winning 2012 FIRST Safety Animation created by Team #3705